October 10, 12, 17, 19
Eastern Time 7:30 – 9:30 pm
Pacific Time 4:30 – 6:30 pm
Colin will hold two additional office hours to answer questions
In this course we will use the 2D toolpaths available in Mastercam to machine parts from two sides. We will machine the part using a combination of Facing, Contouring, 2D Dynamic, Pocket, Slot, and Drilling Toolpaths. By the end of this course you will be familiar with creating a Job in Mastercam, creating the necessary toolpaths to machine the part, and post-processing your program to create G-code. Finally, we will create Setup Sheets and Tool Lists for the programs.
Colin Gilchrist is Technical Director at eapprentice, previously he worked as post processor developer for CNC Software, the makers of Mastercam; he has worked as a CNC programmer at Boeing and as a Mastercam Instructor and trainer.
- Job Setup – Stock Setup, Tool Settings, WCS/Origin, Work Offset, Program Number, and comments.
- Facing Toolpath
- Spot/Center Drilling
- Counter Boring with Circle Mill
- 2D Dynamic Roughing for Pockets
- Cutting Open Pockets with 2D Dynamic
- Pocket Finishing
- Circular Boring
- Custom Tool Definition
- Thread Milling
- Slot Milling
- Cutting a part from multiple sides
- Creating setup sheets and tool lists